Hi!


Sunday, October 3, 2010

Daily Dose: Spiced Zucchini Walnut Bread


This zucchini bread was a DISASTER!  Before rushing out to a family event, I decided to squeeze in some baking.  Baking in a rush was a bad idea. Baking in a rush with a never-before-tried recipe?  TERRIBLE idea.  Usually I read a recipe's reviews and comments, making any recommended adjustments that seem needed.  This time, I didn't have time to read the reviews until the batter was already in the oven.  The first review I read was encouraging: "Best zucchini bread I've ever had.I think the blend of spices is perfect."  After that, a sinking  feeling came over me as comment after comment screamed "too much oil," "too sweet," "too dense."  Ugh!  The reviews were right; this recipe definitely needed more flour or less oil or both.  It was too greasy and too dense.  *sigh*  I'll try again next time I have zucchinis, and hopefully report back with better results! 

No comments:

Post a Comment